Truth Rules

A blog for fans of Clay Aiken. It may take a while but in the end, truth will win out over lies. Keep it clean, no threats ... and if I don't like what you say I own the delete key.

Friday, June 09, 2006

Honesty




Growing up Catholic I had a real problem on Fridays because I hate fish. Just the smell of fish cooking makes me gag. Yet I love a tuna salad sandwich and will even eat Tekamaki (raw tuna rolls). So does that mean I'm telling a lie when I say I hate fish? Does that make me deceitful? Does that mean I'm not honest? No, it doesn't...because tuna fish salad and raw tuna do not have that fishy smell or taste, which is what I really hate. Besides, who really cares whether I like fish or not. I am being honest and telling the truth. Depending on the circumstances in which I talk about fish, I may or may not add the tuna salad disclaimer.

So what exactly is the difference between truth, honesty and lies. When the subject is facts there is no question about whether something is the truth or a lie. Truth has hard cold fact to back it up. Lies cannot be proven as truth no matter how hard one tries. One lie told requires another lie and another lie until finally the liar trips himself up and the truth comes out. When the subject is opinion, your truth may be different than my truth and this is where honesty comes into play.

An honest person has an inner moral code that he lives by regardless of who is watching. He will do what is right even when there is no one around to see. An honest person will not spread lies about another, will not smear another mans reputation, will treat those both above him and below him with the same respect and will not misuse another for his own gain. An honest man is a man with integrity.

If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything. ~Mark Twain


No man has a good enough memory to make a successful liar. ~Abraham Lincoln


The least initial deviation from the truth is multiplied later a thousandfold. ~Aristotle


With lies you may get ahead in the world - but you can never go back. ~Russian proverb


Truth fears no questions. ~Unknown


Honesty is the first chapter of the book of wisdom. ~Thomas Jefferson


Truth is such a rare thing, it is delightful to tell it. ~Emily Dickinson


A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. ~Mark Twain

10 Comments:

Blogger superdeluxewonderful said...

Amen. I used to like oatmeal when I was younger, now I don't. So, when I say I don't like oatmeal, can my friends who knew me as a child call me a liar?

Being honest is too much work for stalkerboy....lying is his second nature...he's been doing it for so long.

Moral integrity goes out the window the minute you start creating your own reality.

June 09, 2006 9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just proving how easy it is to impersonate someone.

June 10, 2006 6:31 PM  
Blogger superdeluxewonderful said...

Wow...you are smart, Truth.

Now why would stalkerboy need to use our names on his blog? I thought he was so very popular? He has to create posts from other people?

Sad, pathetic, stupid.

June 10, 2006 6:36 PM  
Blogger Truth Rules said...

He's trying to make it look like Adam is on his side and just using us. Trying to make us look like the gullible fools he says we are.

He's been listening to his minions for too long and doesn't have a clue how many educated professionals are Clay fans.

June 10, 2006 6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Canucker here, testing out truth rules blog imitator thing....

June 10, 2006 7:07 PM  
Blogger Truth Rules said...

Yup. Doesn't matter if moderation is enabled. It still works.

You can be anybody you want to be.

June 10, 2006 7:20 PM  
Blogger superdeluxewonderful said...

He really doesn't know how intelligent this fan base is. We aren't kidding when we say we have doctors, lawyers, teachers, accountants, rocket scientists...lots of people...lots of education under our belts and LOTS of basic logical thinking.

We do pose a threat to him only because we respond intelligently and he doesn't know how to handle that.

I think that has been the real issue for a long time with other fans hating on us...they are intimidated by our intelligence.

Sucks to be them...

June 10, 2006 7:26 PM  
Blogger Truth Rules said...

Amazing isn't it. We get our point across without all the third grade name calling and insults.

June 10, 2006 7:40 PM  
Blogger superdeluxewonderful said...

Yep, he hates it when you throw logic in his face. Hatesssss.it. Neither he nor his minions can argue with logic.

They are so transparent...when the words get too big or the logic gets too...well....logical (hee!) they start throwing nasty names and nasty language around which only proves how intimidated they really are.

Poor things...

June 10, 2006 8:52 PM  
Blogger superdeluxewonderful said...

To accept it, RTM, you have to be willing to look at all sides...that's where we are different than the stalkerboy.

He only sees, hears, breathes one side...HIS. Life doesn't work that way and that is why he is living the life he is...hiding away in a dark room with the shades drawn.

Nothing is ever, ever black and white...there is tons and tons and tons of gray.

I'll bet his favorite two words are "yeah, but". "Well, yeah but, this is my story so it has to be true." "Well, yeah but, you are a rabid claymate."

You get the picture... :)

June 10, 2006 11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter tracker
counter tracker