Truth Rules

A blog for fans of Clay Aiken. It may take a while but in the end, truth will win out over lies. Keep it clean, no threats ... and if I don't like what you say I own the delete key.

Saturday, June 03, 2006

What Would Jesus Do?

Some people have a talent for putting their thoughts into words so eloquent and descriptive they paint pictures in your mind. Not me. I just stumble along, my brain going from one disjointed thought to another. But give me paint and a brush, or a graphics program and I can create beauty.

The last 5 months, for a lot of us, have been a nightmare. I got to thinking about Clay's WWJD bracelet this morning. What would Jesus do? How has Clay managed to rise above the vile and vicious attacks made upon him? How have we, the fans who love him, managed to stay strong against the vicious attacks made upon us. Those two questions led me to look for answers in Bible quotes and got me to thinking how could I avoid turning this blog into a sermon and still convey my feelings. Somewhere from deep in the back of my mind my favorite poem pushed it's way into my consciousness and I found my answers.



RWR Innovations

Footprints in the Sand

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord. Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.

In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand. Sometimes there were two sets of footprints, other times there was one only.


This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life, when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow or defeat, I could see only one set of footprints, so I said to the Lord,


“You promised me Lord,that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there has only been one set of footprints in the sand. Why, when I needed you most, have you not been there for me?”


The Lord replied, “The years when you have seen only one set of footprints, my child, is when I carried you.”

Mary Stevenson, 1936

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I don't understand is why you just don't keep the comments moderated at ALL times. Wouldn't that be much simpler? It seems that you enjoy receiving negative feedback. Comments?

June 03, 2006 5:10 PM  
Blogger Truth Rules said...

Because it's not condusive to having a conversation and I have other things to do during the day.

June 03, 2006 5:28 PM  
Blogger superdeluxewonderful said...

Truth, this poem helped me more than you will ever know.

My friend was diagnosed with terminal cancer 3 days ago...they don't expect her to live through the weekend.

I hope the Lord is carrying her and me through this unbearable pain.

God bless you for thinking of this poem.

June 03, 2006 5:34 PM  
Blogger Truth Rules said...

I am so sorry to hear that. It's so hard to lose someone you love. HE will carry you when you need Him to.

June 03, 2006 5:50 PM  
Blogger Oh Crap said...

Footprints in the Sand is my favorite.

June 03, 2006 11:38 PM  
Blogger superdeluxewonderful said...

My friend died this morning at 10:00 a.m.

She would have been 55 in January.

Each day is a gift.

I wish people who hate and spew hate and try to destroy people's lives get that their tomorrow will be filled with hate. If they died tomorrow would this be the legacy they would want to leave to their family?

Makes me want to puke.

June 04, 2006 5:18 PM  
Blogger Truth Rules said...

That news makes me feel so sad for both you and her family.

No, they don't think about the possibility of there not being a tomorrow. Spewing hatred is not the way I want to live my life. What a sad way to live.

June 04, 2006 5:55 PM  
Blogger Truth Rules said...

PSA; Groucho is playing "insider" on stalker boys blog. Don't believe a word he says.

June 04, 2006 7:14 PM  
Blogger superdeluxewonderful said...

Haven't been over there for so long...

So, what's up now, Clay is being dropped by his label again?

Did ya know stalkerboy wants to change his name to Clay Aiken?

June 04, 2006 7:24 PM  
Blogger Truth Rules said...

If wishes were horses all beggars would ride.

June 04, 2006 7:35 PM  
Blogger John Paulus said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

June 04, 2006 10:49 PM  
Blogger Truth Rules said...

Clay won the E! poll.

Clay Aiken #1

Matthew McConahey #2

Johnny Depp #3

June 04, 2006 10:55 PM  
Blogger Truth Rules said...

http://www.catholic.org.uk/library/catechism/8thcommandment.shtml


The Commandments Concerning
Our Neighbour
‘You shall love your neighbour as yourself.’

The Eighth Commandment

‘You shall not bear false witness against your neighbour’.

What does the eighth Commandment command?

The eighth Commandment commands that we bear witness to the truth and show ourselves to be honest in our deeds and truthful in our words, avoiding duplicity and hypocrisy.

What does the eighth Commandment forbid?

It forbids misrepresenting the truth in our relations with others such as: Perjury, False Witness, Rash Judgement, Detraction, Calumny, Boasting, Irony, Lying. It also forbids any violation of the secrecy of the confessional, and the revealing of professional secrets or confidences.

What is required from those who offend against the eighth Commandment?

They are required to make reparation and restore the good name and reputation of their neighbour.

June 04, 2006 11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter tracker
counter tracker