Truth Rules

A blog for fans of Clay Aiken. It may take a while but in the end, truth will win out over lies. Keep it clean, no threats ... and if I don't like what you say I own the delete key.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Metamorphosis


Watching G-d Create a Butterfly
I tell my wife I'm quite confused, why do I feel this way?
How am I so very moved by a skinny kid named Clay?
It started in Atlanta, he came out of his cocoon,
He looked kind of goofy then but, boy, that kid could croon!

As Clay began to change and grow, what made him stand apart,
Was each time I heard "That Voice," it really grabbed my heart.
Now each time this young man sings, he spreads his wings to fly,
Soaring on the wings of love, his limit is the sky.

I am no longer that confused 'bout why I feel this way,
Or why I am so very moved by that skinny kid named Clay.
I think I've found the answer and I think that I know why,
It's because I'm watching G-d create a brand new butterfly.

....(used with permission) copyright OlMass



Atlanta, Ga - Oct. 27, 2002


Simon - You don't look like a pop star.

Randy - Where is that voice coming from?

Clay - Let America decide.



Week 15 - Tuesday, April 29, 2003



Week 9 Judge Gladys Knight "You're a mystery… you have your own look, there's something very magical about your look… your voice is so pure… I don't know what will happen to you in the contemporary world but something exceptional is gonna happen for you."
Neil Sedaka: "Clay, you sing like Andre Agassi plays tennis, perfection, perfection. And I would KILL to write and produce your first CD."

July 2003 - Rolling Stone Cover


Sept 2003 - Jerry Lewis, MDA Telethon: "We have someone here today, from the smash hit show American Idol, we're thrilled to have him joining us today, because when it was made known that he would appear on this Telethon, the emails and the fan clubs that this young man has have sent us $30,000.00 just at the fact that he was here.


And I can honestly say I have never, in all of my life, seen a theatrical groundswell that this kid has motivated, that it makes us all come right back to the bobby sox and Frank. And isn't it nice to live through that magnificence again? Here is Clay Aiken"

American Music Awards - won Fans Choice Award

2004


New Music Weekly - Won Top40 Male Artist of the Year
The Independent Tour, co-headlining with Kelly Clarkson
The Not a Tour 2004 Summer Solo Tour
The Joyful Noise Tour
Appointed United States Fund for UNICEF National Ambassador
Guest appearance on Saturday Night Live
Stared in his first TV special, titled A Clay Aiken Christmas
Learning To Sing: Hearing the Music in Your Life debut at #2 on the NY Times Best Seller List




2005



March - UNICEF sent Aiken to tsunami-stricken Banda Aceh

April - Clay testified before the United States House of Representatives Subcommittee on Foreign Operations for UNICEF
May - UNICEF sent Aiken to Uganda
July - kicked off The JukeBox Tour
November - kicked off the Joyful Noise 2 tour featuring vignettes he penned
American Christian Music Awards - Won - Outstanding Yule CD




May 24, 2006 - AI5 Finals



01/17/2006, Reality News OnLine: An Interview with American Idol Producer Nigel Lythgoe by Logan Martin --

Nigel, will American Idol ever reveal the weekly vote totals?


I don’t think so. We do at the end of each of series, it is released, but not during the week. If you knew, for instance, that Clay Aiken was so far ahead every week, it would be a waste of time watching. You wouldn’t vote for anybody else because you would think, well, he’s never going to win; no one else is going to win. He is so far ahead of the game. And yet that didn’t happen on the finale for whatever reason. And I think a lot of that was to do with Kimberly Locke’s votes went to Rueben as well, when they couldn’t vote for Kimberly. But if you had known those results each week, you just wouldn’t have bothered voting. He was that far ahead, is what I’m trying to say.




....to be continued

11 Comments:

Blogger superdeluxewonderful said...

Great blog, truth!

Thanks.

May 28, 2006 2:55 PM  
Blogger Oh Crap said...

I freaking love this blog.

May 28, 2006 4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree...great blog. The trouble is once you begin with the accomplishments and accolades, it's hard to know what to keep in and what not...too many to mention.

May 28, 2006 5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful blog. Makes me smile reading it.

May 28, 2006 9:16 PM  
Blogger Truth Rules said...

Well, the Details magazine is out. Bottom line - stalker boy is labeled an opportunist and Clay's fans are staying with Clay. Like we didn't already know all that.

Now, pass me some more kool-aid please.

May 29, 2006 5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Truth - Interesting about the Details mag. But what do you think the poster meant from this statement?

"I guess y'all saw the June Details magazine out now with the article about Clay and ClayMates? This kills any chance there was of increasing his fan base among like-aged males."

May 29, 2006 8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgoet to add that was posted at PH.

May 29, 2006 8:04 PM  
Blogger Truth Rules said...

I'm not at all familiar with the magazine. I do know that it doesn't say much for anyone's intelligence level if a magazine article dictates who you like or don't like or what kind of music you listen to.

Personally, I never listen to movie critics. Most times I wind up thinking they don't know what they are talking about.

And that comment you quoted sounds like something that would come out of Groucho's mouth. I read the whole article. It's sort of neutral.

May 29, 2006 8:22 PM  
Blogger Truth Rules said...

From Wikipedia -

"an upscale and irreverent fashion magazine for affluent men between the ages of 27 and 33. Total newsstand and subscription circulation was reigned in to approximately 500,000."

Sounds like a snooty upscale type crowd to cool for school.

May 29, 2006 8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is part of an email I rec'd from a friend who attended the Baltimore meetup for Details mag:

"For those of you who weren't at the Meetup, it was a lot of fun! Bart was great, young, tall, cute, even helped us clean up! There was a female photographer named Rebecca (and her assistant) who was really great and she took pictures constantly throughout the Meetup. We had a table set up with all kinds of Clay stuff, autographed items, Clay bears, scrapbooks, etc. and a great dessert table featuring Krispy Kremes with a photo of Clay stuck on each one (thanks to Angel!) Bart talked to quite a few people and we insisted that he watch some JBT Clack. When we told him he had to watch Clay singing WDC he looked very surprised and said, "Clay Aiken sings WDC???!!!" Yep!!! And does he ever sing it!!! He took notes! (actually he took a ton of notes all through the Meetup) I had a lengthy agenda which included a lot about Penny Lane, Special Olympics, UNICEF, and other things that the group is involved in or hopes to be soon. I think we all did Clay proud and showed Bart that Clay fans are not "rabid" but are loving, caring people who are looking to do good in the world just as Clay is AND that we love Clay to bits!!!"

May 29, 2006 9:31 PM  
Blogger Truth Rules said...

Thanks for sharing that Polly.

May 29, 2006 9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter tracker
counter tracker