Truth Rules

A blog for fans of Clay Aiken. It may take a while but in the end, truth will win out over lies. Keep it clean, no threats ... and if I don't like what you say I own the delete key.

Saturday, March 07, 2009

Clay Aiken and the North Carolinia six

Clay Aiken loves to joke about coming in second on American Idol's season 2. But he was the first from North Carolina to hit the Idol stage in 2003. To date there are six North Carolinians including Clay.

After Clay came Fantasia Barrino from High Point in the 3rd season. She won that year.

Season 5 included 3 more North Carolinians.

Bucky Covington from Rockingham who wound up in 8th place.

Chris Daughtry from McLeansville who wound up in 4th place.

Kellie Pickler from Albemarle who wound up in 6th place.

And now in Season 8 we have Anoop Desai from Chapel Hill who became contestant number 13.


Technorati Tags:
, , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the NC idols. Of course, I am very partial to Bucky but I think they all are great. Did you ever see the animated clip about the NC Idol contestants. It was so funny. I need to go find it if I can.

March 07, 2009 5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here it is:

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/north-carolina-gives-back-to-american-idol/3810183898

March 07, 2009 5:54 PM  
Blogger jbc4clay said...

Those are some very talented people in that list and they all have done very well.
But - I am very partial to Mr. Aiken... :o)

March 07, 2009 6:33 PM  
Blogger PaulaBear said...

I haven't paid much attention to Idol since Clay was on, but I did know about Fantasia, Bucky and Daughtry. Of course, the best of them was Clay, without question!

March 08, 2009 4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter tracker
counter tracker