Truth Rules

A blog for fans of Clay Aiken. It may take a while but in the end, truth will win out over lies. Keep it clean, no threats ... and if I don't like what you say I own the delete key.

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Clay Aiken: "My Way"

Today, January 4th, is Clay Aiken's last performance in Spamalot. When the curtain comes down this afternoon Clay goes back home with Jaymes and baby Parker. The rest of the cast has one more week before the doors close at the Shubert Theatre for Spamalot.


This beautiful graphic by ACA is a great depiction of the various roles Clay took on in Spamalot.

I'm not one for flowery speech and it's not too often that I get all mushy. With this chapter closing today I can't get this Frank Sinatra song out of my head. It fits not only today but all of Clay's career over the past 6 years.

"My Way"
And now, the end is near;
And so I face the final curtain.
My friend, I'll say it clear,
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain.

I've lived a life that's full.
I've traveled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I've had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

I planned each charted course;
Each careful step along the byway,
But more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew.
But through it all, when there was doubt,
I ate it up and spit it out.
I faced it all and I stood tall;
And did it my way.

I've loved, I've laughed and cried.
I've had my fill; my share of losing.
And now, as tears subside,
I find it all so amusing.

To think I did all that;
And may I say - not in a shy way,
No, oh no not me,
I did it my way.

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught.
To say the things he truly feels;
And not the words of one who kneels.
The record shows I took the blows -
And did it my way!

No matter what anyone says about Clay, he has done it his way. I hope that someday I get to hear him sing this song.

Clay does like to have all the T's crossed and the I's dotted before he shares what he has planned next. So when Jaymes told us that "The best is yet to come" I'm going to believe her.




Technorati Tags:
, , , ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Blog Truth!

Wasn't he just wonderful in Spamalot - I'm sure he opened lots of eyes about how good he is in so many ways. Can't wait to see what he has next in store for us.

I just love that man!

January 04, 2009 6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicely said, TR.

As he never ceases to amaze us, I can sit back and relax a bit -- but ONLY a bit -- until he's ready to share what's next. I do believe the best IS yet to come.

Ready when you are, Clay!

January 04, 2009 6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, he sure did do it his way. Has been doing it his way all along, no matter what anyone else may say. And his way is fine by me.

I am so proud of our Brave Sir Robin, and even more proud of the man we support. Clay Aiken is a first class act all the way and I am so proud to call myself a fan.

January 04, 2009 7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good blog and beautiful graphic .

I think that Broadway was an enriching experience for Clay and I think that Clay surprised and delighted Broadway . It aeems to be a mutual love affair .

What will he do next to knock our socks off ? I can't wait .

January 04, 2009 8:24 PM  
Blogger Dianne Barbee said...

Truth,

You make an excellent point about Clay and "My Way," theme song not only for the Spamalot run but also for his life. Great blog!

Thank you for your kind comments in the previous Carolina entry.

Have a very special week!

Caro

January 05, 2009 11:40 PM  
Blogger Ashes said...

Great blog. My Way is could have been written for Clay's journey up to now. Here's to smooth sailing from now on.
Clay is here to stay.

January 08, 2009 12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*sob* - I miss Clay Aiken...already!!

Nice blog TR - I cant wait to see what happens next. Hope he rests, recuperates and then, maybe, hopefully, some sort of tour! (me being greedy, but hey..)

I'm proud of him, his achievments and who he is..

January 08, 2009 3:59 PM  
Blogger gerra said...

I am still a bit sad about the end of Spamalot. I love the respect Clay received by the whole Broadway community. Because of Clay, my kids and I took our very first family vacation to New York City and we loved the whole experience. We will go back. I now have a soft spot in my heart for Broadway and the entire cast of Spamalot.

January 16, 2009 8:21 PM  
Blogger Jannet said...

Truth... I don't EVER wanna hear him sing that song! But if he ever does I'm sure he'll blow us away and I'll finally (finally!) end up liking it... Come to think of it...now that I've got this major earworm crawling thru my brain, I'm hoping he'll sing it really SOON!

January 16, 2009 9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved seeing Clay Aiken in Spamalot! He absolutely owned the role of Sir Robin. I'm looking forward to seeing what this very talented man will be doing next! Thanks for posting the words to "My Way". So appropriate!

January 22, 2009 5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter tracker
counter tracker