Truth Rules

A blog for fans of Clay Aiken. It may take a while but in the end, truth will win out over lies. Keep it clean, no threats ... and if I don't like what you say I own the delete key.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tweak your Google blog search

We know that if we want Clay Aiken news we can use Clay Aiken +news in our search but did you know that you can eliminate certain words too?

For example, there are certain satire (spoof) sites that some of us would rather not see and the Google filters don't eliminate them. You can do it by using the minus sign (-).

Simply type your search name, we'll use Clay Aiken, minus what you don't want to see. Yes, you can exclude multiple words.

Examples:
Clay Aiken -fraud
Clay Aiken -spoof -fraud
Clay Aiken -spoof -fraud -Smith

Just make sure there is no space between the minus sign and the word(s) you want excluded.



Technorati Tags:
, , , ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for this information! I will be putting it to good use!

August 26, 2008 11:51 AM  
Blogger jbc4clay said...

That is great to know!
I will certainly be using that!

August 26, 2008 3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the suggestions. I will be sure to use your ideas when doing my Google Clay Aiken searches. There is so much to learn when it comes to using the internet.

August 26, 2008 3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea! Thanks for sharing. I detest seeing all the negative 'news' on Clay Aiken when he has done nothing to deserve it.

August 26, 2008 5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea. Thanks for posting this. We can now chose not to receive ugly blogs.

August 26, 2008 9:52 PM  
Blogger Chitter said...

Thanks I didn't know any of that.
The things you learn being a Clay fan.

I'm going to post that info on my blog also.

August 26, 2008 10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the search hints. It's good to know how I can refine my search for news about Clay Aiken.

August 26, 2008 11:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know this was an option! You learn something new every day. I love looking for news about Clay Aiken online, so this will be very helpful.

August 27, 2008 1:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much. I want to read about CLAY AIKEN, not the other junk. will be putting this info to good use.

August 27, 2008 9:09 AM  
Blogger marhaven said...

Good advice. Will put it to good use when searching on Clay Aiken in the future.

August 27, 2008 10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter tracker
counter tracker