Truth Rules

A blog for fans of Clay Aiken. It may take a while but in the end, truth will win out over lies. Keep it clean, no threats ... and if I don't like what you say I own the delete key.

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Clay Aiken - "On My Way Here"

Clay Aiken and his new album, "On My Way Here", have taken a beating from some of the critics. Nothing new about that but I do have to wonder why. The question I had was did they even bother to listen or did they just go with the sentiment that if Clay sang it it can't be good.

Some of the critics/reviewers made it apparent that yes, they did listen and while Clay's music might not be their style, they were fair and honest in their appraisals. Others who profess to be music experts made it quite clear they didn't bother. They just dished out personal slams along with slamming the album.

Early on, I saw the claim made that canned music was used. This could not be further from the truth and one blog, Clay Aiken's "On My Way Here" - Measuring The Gap Between the Critics and The Truth explains exactly why

"... assumptions are an interesting thing. Critic after critic, determined to dismiss any effort Clay put forward, wrote reviews with little or no bearing on the reality of the music on "On My Way Here" --- right down to trashing musicians they had praised in other reviews. According to multiple sources, Keith, Freddie, Jon and Jeff are considered among the best session men in the world --- unless they are playing with Clay Aiken, apparently."








Technorati Tags:

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter tracker
counter tracker