Truth Rules

A blog for fans of Clay Aiken. It may take a while but in the end, truth will win out over lies. Keep it clean, no threats ... and if I don't like what you say I own the delete key.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Chasing Clay

It's been a great week or so to be a fan of Clay Aiken. First we got the Neil Sedaka tribute at Lincoln Center where Clay blew the roof off with his performance of Solitaire. Then we got funny, smart, charismatic Clay on Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader. The same day that aired we found out that Clay was in CT speaking at Yale, on behalf of UNICEF, to a group of teachers about world geography and Afghanistan. Finally last night, the NBC Capital One Holiday Celebration on Ice in Las Vegas was filmed for airing on Christmas Day. Lucky people who got to go to that show. But that's not what I'm going to focus on with this blog.

We all know that roses have thorns and along with all the good that's gone on, there has been some disturbing information coming to light. This information brings to the forefront something I've found disconcerting all along. If you've read Chexxxy's Pearls blog (September archives) you know about the fake Clay and the girl pretending to be Clay's girlfriend. Even though this scam was exposed it seems there are still some who believe that this is the real Clay Aiken, which brings me to the subject of this blog and that is the few deluded ones who think they can hook up with Clay by moving to Raleigh.

Quiting your job and moving to Raleigh because you think your going to connect with Clay is unhealthy. Joining his church, using his friends or family, or getting a job with the local YMCA or radio station is not going to get you any closer to Clay than you were before you moved to Raleigh.

Not everyone who has moved to Raleigh has done so because of Clay - most have legitimate reasons; job transfers, family, climate, etc. For those people Raleigh being Clay's hometown is a bonus but the move would have happened in spite of Clay. I'm talking about the ones who have made the move because of Clay. Sadly, there are quite a few who have done this and made their actions public on the various Clay Aiken message boards. I know I'm not alone when I put these people in the category of stalker and if their actions scare me I can't imagine how Clay feels about them. He may sound like he's making a joke when he talks about stalkers scaring him but something tells me he's very serious on the subject.

Clay said that anyone needy enough to be throwing themselves at him is not the girl he's looking for.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo, Truth - this showed up in Google Alerts!

Great blog, as always.

You always have a way of taking all the pieces and wrapping them up into something that speaks profound Truth!

November 07, 2007 9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so right on. That's all I can say.

ProudPearl

November 08, 2007 7:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even though I am on the Clay Aiken message boards every day, I guess I miss a lot. I didn't know about this. You are right though. Definitely a little scary.

November 12, 2007 12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter tracker
counter tracker