Truth Rules

A blog for fans of Clay Aiken. It may take a while but in the end, truth will win out over lies. Keep it clean, no threats ... and if I don't like what you say I own the delete key.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Clay Aiken - UNICEF Ambassador

Last night, in New York City, the UNICEF Snowflake, designed by Ingo Maurer with 16,000 Baccarat crystal prisms, was lit by Clay.

Clay's fan message boards are filled with photos and first hand accounts of the lighting ceremony. One of the sweetest photos I saw was of Clay holding up this little girl and showing her the snowflake.

One of the attendees got to speak with a UNICEF representative that was there. Here are her words:

"Back from NY and I guess I don't have to tell you how gorgeous he looked, I am overwhelmed. Bowledover and I talking to the UNICEF Rep, he was actually the IT man, he said Clay is a very nice, very dedicated to UNICEF, very humble who you see is who he is, he also said that UNICEF has turned down celebritys because they didn't think they would be good models for their organization they are very above board and everyones background is extensively checked and the one thing that he said I didn't want to be put on the boards but after thinking about it there isn't any reason not to, he said that the things that are done to him are despicable, he told us a cute story about trying to transfer Clays manifest from Indonesia from Clays Mac to his and didn't know how to do it so Clay was nice enough help him in the transfer, he said here I am the IT guy and I couldn't do it, he was the nicest man, Clay is very much respected at UNICEF and that he is very popular his celebrity site has the most hits, he also told us that the snowflake has 16,000 crystals and that it took ten hours to put it up and that is very very big, it is beautiful

In closing, what this nice gentleman said tonight about Clay made my whole year, I never ever doubted Clay about anything and this man has just proved to me what I knew all along."

NOTE: IT stands for Information Technology. It's the current designation for those working in computer departments. The IT people are the ones who know everything that is happening in their offices. They have to be kept in the loop in order to do their jobs properly.



Technorati tags:

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful thing! Clay is such a great role model and is great for a Children's charity.

Fantastic!

November 19, 2006 11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Truth - Thank you for posting what that man said. It sounds like the Clay we've always known him to be! I love how you have documented this little bit of history. I have copy pasted it for my scrapbook!

I can't say enough about ALL of the pictures. They are soooooo beeee-U-T-FUL!

November 19, 2006 12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Truth for posting this.
I have not had time to read the entire threads regarding the event.
I heard references to the comments but I am so glad to be able to read it.
It makes me love the guy that much more if that is possible.

Jan

November 19, 2006 12:12 PM  
Blogger Truth Rules said...

I know. Every time I think I can't love him any more than I already do, he goes and proves me wrong.

I would love to have posted the photo but without the parents permission it just wasn't the proper thing to do. The look on that little girl's face says it all.

When he does get married and has his own little ones, those little ones will have a very good father.

November 19, 2006 12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They say that children are the best judge of a person's true character. The adoring looks that child gave to Clay emphasize what we've known all along. He is a beautiful soul inside and out. His aura was brighter than ever last night. Despite what Clay has been through this past year, his star is shining brighter than ever and that proves good does overcome all. Thank you Karma. Thank you Clay for being you.

November 19, 2006 1:01 PM  
Blogger Oh Crap said...

How do you NOT get misty eyed when seeing Clay for all he is? I'm amazed and always in awe of his inner beauty that just glows. Everything he is: humble, fiesty, pissy, freckled, talented, gorgeous, ornery, intelligent, quick witted, entertaining and so giving. He is soooo REAL.

November 19, 2006 4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so proud of Clay.

I respect him so much and it does my heart good to see that he is also respected by the people in this world that really matter.

Clay will be around a long long time.

November 19, 2006 9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The people at UNICEF love him. The beauty of this man just blows me away.

November 20, 2006 12:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am loving all these new blogs about the UNICEF ceremony.

I've always known that to be designated a UNICEF ambassador is to be given a great honor. Just look at those in the past that have worked with them. Yes, that person has a background check and has to have a commitment to helping children.

This - if nothing else should prove to anyone with half a brain that Clay is who he says he is. UNICEF knows it; the people who had Clay appointed to the Presidential committee know it. And we know it. We always have.

And that little girl in the picture - she knows it too. Look at the other picture of Clay holding her - she's beaming into his face. She KNOWS it too..

'Nuff said, really.

November 20, 2006 12:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome blog!
KEEP IT UP!!!
~A forever Clay Fan

November 21, 2006 12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter tracker
counter tracker