Truth Rules

A blog for fans of Clay Aiken. It may take a while but in the end, truth will win out over lies. Keep it clean, no threats ... and if I don't like what you say I own the delete key.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Trolls


BILLY-GOATS GRUFF

ONCE on a time there were three Billy-goats, who were to go up to the hill-side to make themselves fat, and the name of all three was "Gruff."
On the way up was a bridge over a burn they had to cross; and under the bridge lived a great ugly Troll, with eyes as big as saucers, and a nose as long as a poker.
So first of all came the youngest billy-goat Gruff to cross the bridge.
"Trip, trap! trip, trap!" went the bridge.
"WHO'S THAT tripping over my bridge?" roared the Troll.
"Oh, it is only I, the tiniest billy-goat Gruff; and I'm going up to the hill-side to make myself fat," said the billy-goat, with such a small voice.
"Now, I'm coming, to gobble you up," said the Troll.
"Oh, no! pray don't take me. I'm too little, that I am," said the billy-goat; "wait a bit till the second billy-goat Gruff comes, he's much bigger."
"Well, be off with you;" said the Troll.
A little while after came the second billy-goat Gruff to cross the bridge.
"TRIP, TRAP! TRIP, TRAP! TRIP, TRAP!" went the bridge.
"WHO'S THAT tripping over my bridge?" roared the Troll.
"Oh, it's the second billy-goat Gruff, and I'm going up to the hill-side to make myself fat," said the billy-goat, who hadn't such a small voice.
"Now I'm coming to gobble you up," said the Troll.
"Oh, no! don't take me, wait a little till the big billy-goat Gruff comes, he's much bigger."
"Very well! be off with you," said the Troll.
But just then up came the big billy-goat Gruff.
"TRIP, TRAP! TRIP, TRAP! TRIP, TRAP!" went the bridge, for the billy-goat was so heavy that the bridge creaked and groaned under him.
"WHO'S THAT tramping over my bridge?" roared the Troll.
"IT'S I! THE BIG BILLY-GOAT GRUFF," said the billy-goat, who had an ugly hoarse voice of his own.
"Now I'm coming to gobble you up," roared the Troll,
"Well, come along! I've got two spears,
And I'll poke your eyeballs out at your ears;
I've got besides two curling-stones,
And I'll crush you to bits, body and bones."
That was what the big billy-goat said; and so he flew at the Troll, and poked his eyes out with his horns, and crushed him to bits, body and bones, and tossed him out into the burn, and after that he went up to the hill-side. There the billy-goats got so fat they were scarce able to walk home again; and if the fat hasn't fallen off them, why, they're still fat; and so—
"Snip, snap, snout
This tale's told out."
(Popular Tales from the Norse - Norwegian Folk Tales)

That was then. Today we have the Internet Troll. The troll's playground has come out from under the bridge to invade newsgroups, message boards, listserves, and weblogs. One troll description from Wikipedia says about Weblogs: "Weblogs — in their most common form as a personal soapbox with the ability for anybody to leave comments, popular weblogs often make effective springboards for trolls, either as inflammatory comments or provocative entries. The ease with which weblogs can be linked encourages troll propagation." I've had my share of troll postings...thank heavens for comment moderation, the modern day equivalent of spears and curling-stones.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

tell it like it is!!!!nobody does
it better baby your the best!!!

June 28, 2006 12:14 PM  
Blogger Oh Crap said...

What billie said. You have such a way with telling it like it is. No angst, no temper tantrums but sooooo in your face, trolls.

June 28, 2006 12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The problem with "Trolls" is they come in many forms, shapes and sizes; often disguising themselves as your friend. They hide and lurk, use you and pick your brains for information and knowledge, pretending to be your friend, even offering love, support and protection, and when you least expect it, they will eat you alive!

This time the big billy-goat Gruff is defeated and has gone off to seek greener pastures.

Stay close, my friends, there is strength in numbers I hear.

June 28, 2006 1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said!

June 28, 2006 1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Polly graf - never have so truer words been spoken!

June 28, 2006 8:57 PM  
Blogger Oh Crap said...

That's why I love the Polly. She will tell it like it is.

June 28, 2006 11:08 PM  
Blogger Oh Crap said...

Here you go. I just cannot stand asswipes.

http://clays-equalizers.blogspot.com/

June 29, 2006 12:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Crap said...
Here you go. I just cannot stand asswipes.
http://clays-equalizers.blogspot.com/

June 29, 2006 1:07 AM


yes!! I miss you...Please don't go away again....great blog, as usual, too!!!

June 29, 2006 12:49 AM  
Blogger John Paulus said...

Tell all your minions and friends to leave me alone. ;-)

June 29, 2006 1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! We're a minion!! uh.... can I be a minion AND a friend? Yeah, that works!

June 29, 2006 2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Truth, you got friends? Cool beans. Shame is picklepecker doesn't.hee

June 29, 2006 2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's the matter, Buddy Jean?

Afraid of a few little old ladies? And let's not forget our mutual friend Ft. Lauderdale knows!

Aren't you the big tough SF Army Ranger. You probably broke your daddy's heart. No wonder he has nothing to do with you.

Very soon, no one will have anything to do with you. And you will have brought it all on yourself. You've refused every offer of help and now you will suffer the results of your own actions.

As my kids used to say, "It's pay day, some day cuz's it's all on tape."

June 29, 2006 3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was at Walmart today and I spotted a

TROLL BAIT BUCKET!

I kid you not that is excatly what it said on the package!

:-)

June 29, 2006 5:24 PM  
Blogger Oh Crap said...

Truth Rules is head of the "Minions" Yea!!!!!! All those titles he's bestowed upon you and I'm still pissed about not getting my Psychoskank status yet.

June 30, 2006 2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter tracker
counter tracker